Monday, October 26, 2009

Transformation of the Physical

Sri Aurobindo writes,
When I spoke of being faithful to the light of the soul and the divine Call, I was not referring to anything in the past or to any lapse on your part. I was simply affirming the great need in all crises and attacks,- to refuse to listen to any suggestions,impulses,lures and to oppose to them all the call of the Truth, the imperative beckoning of the Light. In all doubt and depression, to say, " I belong to the Divine, I cannot fail"; to all suggestions of impurity and unfitness, to reply, " I am a child of Immortality chosen by the Divine; I have but to be true to myself and to Him- the victory is sure; even if I fell, I would rise again"; to all impulses to depart and serve some smaller ideal, to reply, "This is the greatest, this is the Truth that alone can satisfy the soul within me; I will endure through all tests and tribulations to the very end of the divine journey". This is what I mean by faithfulness to the Light and the Call.

No comments: